Welcome to the Wind On My Wings (WOW) website. WOW encourages and supports people with disabilities in Regina to go sailing.
Why adapted sailing ?
In a 2010 program feedback survey, Regina sailors with disabilities and volunteers liked the WOW adapted sailing for the following reasons.
Persons with disabilities said:
- controlling the boat
- learning a new skill
- enjoy it: exciting: relaxing: makes me feel free
- the water and getting out of my chair. Having control over the boat.
- I enjoy the freedom that sailing gives. Getting together with all the other people that come to sail.
- Racing opportunities.
- The people. Gets you out of the house meet people.
- The social aspect of the sailing club with recreational sailing: and the opportunity to learn more about sailing in a competitive environment.
- Sailing, getting together out on the boats and helping fixing the boat.
- enjoy helping others learn to sail
- Assist sailors to improve in skills.
- I like being out on the lake helping people get out sailing.
- giving the opportunity to help the participant to change their life by getting out of his wheelchair. Friendly accommodating staff.
- Staff is very friendly helpful and laid-back.
- Small, easy to teach, relaxed atmosphere, the fact that there is a club.
- Staff worked very safely, very kind and friendly.
Top Navigational Panel
The top horizontal navigation panel is the WOW adapted sailing program story – who we are, what we do, why and how we do it, and how to get involved.
Homepage is an overview of the website.
About Us is an overview of the WOW adapted sailing program, and the WOW vision, mission, objectives, and values.
Contact Us is a convenient e-mail link to WOW.
Sailing Schedule provides the date, time and location of adapted WOW sailing. Information on how to book sailing opportunities is also provided on this page.
Find the location of the Wascana Lake WOW sailing venue on the Map page. The WOW accessible dock is located on the lakefront near the Willows Restaurant (3000 Wascana Dr.) and the Canada Games Room.
About Adapted Sailing traces the development of sailing programs for persons with disabilities in Canada and Regina. The page addresses the question why sailing is important.
Adapted Sailing Events has information on what is happening in the world of competitive adapted sailing events.
Volunteers direct and drive WOW. The Volunteer page is an opportunity to become involved. Volunteer job descriptions and registration forms are available.
Photo Gallery has pics of local sailing and social events.
Favorite Links includes links to sailing clubs, learn to sail websites and community recreational programs.
The Search feature is available on this panel.
Vertical Navigation Panel
The vertical navigation panel on the right-hand side of the page focuses on WOW social and sailing news, and sponsor opportunities and recognition.
Information on Changing Font Size is found on this panel.
Enjoy Your Visit.
To book a sailing session call the Summer Program Coordinator